Permeable Ground Reinforcement Paving Grids
The permeable paving grid is a modular paving solution offering a cost-effective and practical solution for reinforcing unstable ground. The product is Sustainable Drainage System (SUDS) compliant allowing unimpeded permeation of surface water through its open-grid design.
A variety of infill materials can be used including gravel, soil, chippings, rubber crumb and many more. The grid has been designed to encourage healthy grass growth whilst protecting roots.
The role of the paving grid is to transfer loads from the surface to a pourous base course underneath, and to provide a stable and even ground surface which facilitates natural drainage. This can lead to significant cost-savings over traditional drainage systems on non-pourous ground surfaces.
The design allows for thermal expansion to occur within the curved walls of the grid, thus reducing thermal expansion in the overall dimensions which can lead to grids popping out of the ground. This is a common issue with plastic paving grids based on straight line grids on particularly hot days.
- Made from 95-100% recycled HDPE (high density polyethylene)
- Fully recyclable
- Resistant to acids, oils, fuel, strewing salt and ammonia
- UV and weather resistant
- Load bearing capacity of 250-320 tonne per sqm (on well compacted sub-base)
- Available in Black, Green (for grass) and White (for gravel)
Due to the recycled nature of this product, the colour/tone of each batch will vary slightly.
- Temporary or permanent road ways
- Car parks (green parking)
- Green roofs
- Shed bases
- River/pond embankments
- Field entrances and walkways
- Caravan parking
- Unstable boggy ground